TRUESDAYS - REGULAR MEETUP FOR STARTUP/TECH COMMUNITY IN PRAGUE
Our mission is simple: a high-quality guest list representing individuals from diverse fields such as startups, founders, aspiring entrepreneurs, the public sector, government innovation organizations, investors, and representatives from the tech industry; together in same place and time every first Tuesday in a month – to make it easy for them to remember and plan. We are creating a place for new collaborations and strengthening old relationships, for knowledge sharing and supporting innovation boost.
Hoops, Scalpels, and Business Plan: Unconventional ways to business
We will explore how lessons from the operating room and the basketball court translate to effective leadership and success in the business world. From time-sensitive decision-making to leveraging athletic insights for business strategies, we’ve got it all covered!
TOMÁŠ ŠEBEK - Surgeon & Digital Health Evangelist
Tomáš Šebek is the most well-known and influential Czech surgeon, but he hasn’t limited himself to medical practice. He is also a successful entrepreneur. In addition to his work at the hospital, he is involved in missions with Médecins Sans Frontières, having been on 4 missions.
His new initiative is a project called „Minister of Health,“ which aims to increase the average healthy lifespan of Czechs in collaboration with other well-known personalities. Five years ago, he founded the portal uLekare.cz and is involved in other projects, mainly focused on utilizing modern technologies in healthcare. His investment strategy is fundamentally long-term. When making investment decisions, he prioritizes the viability, functionality, and beneficial impact of projects over immediate profit. He specializes in the field of medicine and the implementation of technologies in this sector.
Pavel Pumprla - Professional basketball player, speaker
Pavel Pumprla, once a standout on the basketball court, has pivoted his game to a new arena. From scoring points to scoring deals, he now shares his game-changing tactics with others, coaching them toward victory in the business world.
In addition to his athletic career, he is also deeply involved in personal development, leadership, team-building, and mental resilience. As a senior consultant at VALIGURA Consulting & Management, he leverages his expertise to empower individuals and organizations to reach their full potential.
With this Truesday, we are introducing some updates to our speed-dating events:
- We are expanding speed-dating to include speed-mentoring, in addition to the opportunity to meet investors and receive valuable feedback on your project or idea.
- You will have the chance to meet mentors in areas such as HR, legal, foreign investment, and more.
- Each startup project can only book 4 spots per evening!
- We reserve the right to cancel any booking if you have already booked for multiple sessions before, or if your project is not relevant in terms of stage or focus to that investor or mentor.
- If you have attended the previous 2-3 speed-datings on previous Truesdays, please consider leaving the spot to others.
- Contact email@example.com; she will add you to the waiting list or discuss booking options if spots are available.
- And where will the information about the newly opened registration for speed-dating appear first? On Slack!
This event is brought to you by Startup Kitchen and Ondřej Tomek from Impulse Capital.